Wednesday 4 January 2012

Two motivational talks by two inspirational gardeners

While browsing through TED.com, I came across these two brilliant short videos that will leave you charged and you might end up plotting a new garden ( like me!!).

Here is the first one by Britta Riley who dint want to depend on anyone to come up with an idea to grow food food even in harsh winters. She knew that NASA uses hydroponic systems to grow food in space, so she made her own system that is now getting famous around the world. The best part is that its surprisingly easy to build! Watch the video to learn more.

Britta Riley: A garden in my apartment
www.windowfarms.org/





Loved it? I know !
Here is our next inspirational video of the day. Roger Doiron is the founder of the KGI.org Kitchen Gardeners International that has over 20,000 members from 100 countries! He grows his own food and wants everyone to grow their own food too. You must watch and listen to what he has to say!

Roger Doiron: My subversive (garden) plot
http://kitchengardeners.org/ 



I am sure you enjoyed these videos and learned something from them too. If you did, share! :)


happy gardening!
Zahra



2 comments:

  1. this idea nd pic in this post nd video are amazing. i really appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate how well you have expressed your observations in this article. Others I've read made me feel like I needed a degree to decipher them. Thank you. I agree with a lot of your material and think you are gifted. For more information visit here:hdpe bottle

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!:)

further reading

crops in pots